Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 WiFi dropping

Upgraded to a Hub 4 and my WiFi keeps dropping on certain devices, I am experiencing no issues on devices connected via ethernet cable and my speeds are good, WiFi signal is also good, my samsung s10 is OK. However, my laptop keeps dropping with the errors on windows diagnostics - "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter" or "The default gateway is not available" to which it says "Fixed" and comes back but and then drops again 5 mins later. My Samsung J6 also intermittently drops and says Connected without internet" I have to disconnect and reconnect for it to come back.

Things I've tried...

1. Updating Wireless Network Adapter Drivers (Atheros AR9285 802.11b|g|n)
2. Change Power Management settings for the network adapter
3. Change the power saving mode of the wireless adapter
4. Change the wireless mode to 802.11b/g/n mixed
5. CMDs - netsh winsock reset > ipconfig /release > ipconfig /renew
6. Changing SSID name and PW

6. Splitting the SSID's 2.4ghz and 5ghz

Since splitting the networks and connecting to the 2.4ghz I no longer get the errors but it still drops every 5 minutes or so and then comes back by its self after a few seconds on my laptop. On my J6 I still have to disconnect and reconnect.

I bought a USB Network adapter - tp-link AC600 and tried it in my laptop and now it works OK, no drops in connectivity.

Seems to only be an issue with some devices. I spoke to VM who just kept transferring me to different people, but basically said they have run checks and there is no issue at their end or
with my router, they also said I can't downgrade back to the Hub 3 (I've already posted it back)

Anyone got any ideas or experiencing anything similar?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 WiFi dropping

Do wired connections drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No, wired connections are fine, most wifi devices are too, seems to just be an issue with some devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You’ll need to look at optimising the WiFi then.

Split the SSID’s, change to a less congested channel etc.

If that still doesn’t work you’ll need to accept that the hubs WiFi output is poor and to invest in your own router, mesh system or run some wired AP’s to serve your WiFi. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Aye already split the SSIDs and changed the channels, my devices are right next to the router when they drop and the wifi signal is strong, they are both still connected when they drop just no internet access. Just want to see if anyone else is having the same issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many are having issues with the Hub4 WiFi. 

You can try factory resetting the hub but doubtful it will make much difference. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Snapshot of my BQM but as it's only affecting a couple of devices I don't think it's relevant... but not sure about the yellow and red spikes at 9am?

Capture.PNG 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi ndna,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are losing connection on some devices, I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any issues at all, your levels are as they should be.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They swapped me back to the hub3. Not experiencing any issues now. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi ndna,

Thank you for coming back to me, glad to hear this has been resolved for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos