Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 WiFi booster help

Hi,

I have a Hub 4 and a whole room black spot (so poor that even iPhone struggles to pick up WiFi signal). When I contacted VM several months ago about advertised free boosters I was sent Powerline adapters rather than boosters. 
The Powerline is being used for a wired connection on my work laptop and holds up fine, but I still need to solve the WiFi problem for my phone, TV & Xbox 

The question is firstly whether or not there are boosters available through VM for the Hub 4, and secondly as I’ve received the Powerline adapters does that mean if they are available then I’m not eligible for them?

Any help appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 4 WiFi booster help

The WiFi boosters they send are powerline technology.

That being said they’re not great and you’d do better investing in your own equipment.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, so that being said do most modern boosters out there work with Hub 4 do you know?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Boosters yes.

But you’re better off going for a better standalone router or mesh system. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi