cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Problem

chrisjames
Up to speed

My  Hub 4 has an annoying problem. When it reboots or restarts it returns one of my settings to default mode. I went into ADVANCED SETTINGS>WIRELESS>SECURITY and renamed WIFI Network Name 2.4GHz and WIFI Network Name 5GHz to my preference together with a password for each. Fine until there's a reboot/restart then the 2.4GHz name and password revert to default settings (i.e. on the base of the hub) but the 5GHz is unaffected.  First I know of this is when my Smart Speaker tells me settings have been changed and I am aware that other equipment has disconnected. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try turning off smart/intelligent WiFi, has been known to fix the odd problem.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM Hubs are notorious for having these glitches - dodgy firmware.

Best solution is to remove it from the equation and put the Hub into modem mode and get your own better quality router and wireless equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try turning off smart/intelligent WiFi, has been known to fix the odd problem.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2