Menu
andy_mcn
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 - No WiFi, No ethernet.

Got a new hub 4 at the beginning of December and it has been nothing but a constant source of difficulty.

Most recently it has decided to no longer function at all, multiple resets and factory resets, not supported by any of the usual support channels (app/online systems) and obviously time of year means a lack of engineers to actually resolve it.

TV and Landline both still functional, WiFi cable is split from the TV via a box so I know that the issue is with the hub.

Only has a single beam of light to display what's going on, that's a dim white which apparently means everything is okay, but none of the Ethernet ports work, tried multiple machines and multiple cables on each port, and there isn't even a hint of a broadcast network. 

Utterly losing my mind... Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 - No WiFi, No ethernet.

Try a 60 second pinhole reset 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
andy_mcn
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Attempted it prior to posting, sorry should have been clearer. Lighting on hub does not change, definitely pressing the button in correctly as can hear the click on press and release. 

Honestly I expected it to at least flash but it doesn't seem to respond at all. 

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If you are not on the 1Gb tier then, personally, I’d call VM, tell them that the Hub 4 is faulty and you insist on going back to a Hub 3.

0 Kudos
andy_mcn
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

ah okay, I am not on the 1gig package. Does that make a difference? 

0 Kudos
andy_mcn
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Still absolutely no internet, horrendous service totally ruined my capacity to work from home and spent a new years unable to contact anyone properly due to Covid restrictions. 

10/10 going with sky for renewal. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

not being able to work from home on a residential package isn't going to get you any help faster.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Can you login to the hub by 192.168.0.1?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Call in and tell them that the Hub4 is not fit for purpose and you want to go back to the Hub3. Do you still have the old one? If so there are several reports (one today) where one phone call this morning got the Hub3 back on and activated inside 5 minutes. If you haven't still got it then it will be a wait until they can get one to you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
TPM87
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Likewise, I am a new customer having come over from Sky who provided 50MBPS for £20. So I joined VM for my children (gamers) because of the fancy 1Gig broadband. I now pay £62 per month (just for internet), and have less of a reliable service, poor customer care and no WIFI upstairs in my home. This was never a problem before. Anyway, since install I’ve had three engineers in total, none can fix WIFI problem, because they say I need to ask VM to send me boosters. But after several + phone calls which accumulated to hours being sat on hold, passed between departments, repeatedly going through security questions to only be given excuse after excuse as to why they can’t send me a booster. When connected via LAN I get between 200 - 450MBPS (approx). VM have sent two engineers to try fix speed issue, both asked why I didn’t get the booster from VM when they advised me too. I couldn’t be bothered to explain what I went through, how many calls, messages, emails, social media etc to be told NO!

I have never experienced a company like VM who so clearly have no customer care. Apparently VM said my internet speeds would be monitored for 30 days and I’ve received multiple emails from them that contain the opening line of “we tried contacting you” which is a load of ****. I have reposed on each occasion only to receive another email with the same opening line. 1 million percent no one has tried to call. I did ask for them to shown me there call log, because they have not tried calling me to resolve this issue. Has anyone else had such a poor experience and or has the issue with the so called new Hub 4? 

0 Kudos