cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Losing Internet Connection Every Night

AWM81
Joining in

I have been having this ongoing problem for around a month whereby, the internet connection on my Hub 4 drops every night between 22:00 - 00:00. All Wired and wireless connections are dropped with a slow flashing white light on the Hub. Sometimes power cycling the hub and the connection is restored within half an hour other times it doesn't come back online until the following day. 

Any advice on troubleshooting this further is appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing is to set up a BQM to record these events as data for VM. Also check if there is ongoing work at your location. 

Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)
2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

Also, If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI @AWM81 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues with disconnections for almost a month. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. I have had a look at the system and there seems to be an issue with your hub power levels. For this reason, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the info John, Please see link to the live graph attached https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/1f1833f277ef5cdccb6a2dc6b14d5c0b27...