Menu
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Interface

After just a few weeks with the Hub 4 I'm getting really annoyed with its software interface.

1. Trying to log on with a browser at either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1, the Hub doesn't respond. Pinging eiither address gets no response.  I have to reboot the Hub, and after restarting it will respond. But if I log off and try to log in again a short time later it won't respond.

2. When it does respond and shows the login page, if I click on the Check Router Status link it starts to respond but then hangs. To see the link data I have to log in and go through the menus to the relevant page.

From reading about this it seems to be a common problem. Is there a software upgrade on the way?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Interface

1. Mine does this all the time. And whether it’s coincidence, everytime it happens my BQM
exhibits packet loss and trying to run the SamKnows RealSpeed tests yields that the hub cannot be found

2. This came about with the last firmware “update”.

Just wondering, do you also have the same issue with inconsistent data being shown in the network logs and downstream page? Notably the Pre-RS errors change on each page visit/refresh?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Interface

I haven't noticed that. Not getting many errors anyway, but will keep an eye on it.

0 Kudos