cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Horrible

RichLutz
Joining in

Appologies if this is in the incorrect section im new and i wanted to talk about the dreadful HUB 4 and the issues ive had over the last week -

Okay so firstly VM sold me into their GIG1 Package from my M500, Sent me the HUB4 out two days later got it activated and my speed didn't push past 20MB down wired and 6MB wireless,

Connected it into Modem Mode and ran my trusty DECO M5 Mesh connection instead, speeds improved but still quite poor,

Phoned up CS and they rebooted and sent an install Kick this did the job and was flying along at the advertised speeds.

24 Hours later back to square 1 again and slow slow connections, phoned CS the Guy says theres a lot of interferance its coming back as so im going to send an engineer in two days time.

Got up bright and early got a phone call at 8am from the Tech - We dont have GIG1 in your area so i can't come out and look or fix anything as were not trained on it so CS will call you and downgrade your package back to M500

Here is were the bigger issues began :

Firstly they have the incorrect package price of £44 as agreed there charging me £60 and wont do much about it.

And my speeds are basically BT FIBRE 1 Now -

Ive rebooted and reset the HUB4 Multiple times and used my DECO M5 & reset multiple times but my speeds are incredibly slow and nobody on the phone seems to be that interested somehow they have booked me an engineer out monday 1pm onwards to move the hub?
I think i need another hub preferably the hub3 again haha.

This morning i have reset it all again and turned it into modem mode but guess what?

The WIFI Is still being broadcast from the HUB4 as well as the DECO Mesh Network so somewhere along the lines the HUB4 Isn't doing as it's told and sounds the culprit to me.

Anyway from VM here have a closer look or someone offer me more advice as im pulling what hair i have left out and it's frustrating to say the least. 

Thanks!

22 REPLIES 22

Hi BruceT, thank you for letting us know about the appointment - how did it go?

Hopefully this helped resolve the issues you were having, but please let us know if not so we can offer further support. 

All the best. 

Molly

BruceT
On our wavelength

Hi Molly, Unfortunately not, I'm experiencing stability issues on my broadband, don't think it's the hub it's now been 2 different hubs. Lots of Upstream T3 errors and downstream pre and post errors coming through causing reconnect and loss of service often during the day.

Hey Bruce! Thank you for getting back in touch to let us know. 

Everything is looking fine coming in from the exchange but I can see a number of disconnections happening on your hub. I will get a tech booked out to you ASAP to get this looked into. 
I will send you a PM to confirm a few details and get this booked. 

All the best. 

Molly