Menu
Mike312
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Connection Issues

Hi,

We have received the Hub 4 a couple of months ago (we didn`t ask for it) and at the beginning it was alright, slower speed and connection dropped rarely ( once or twice a week), however in the past month the internet has been an absolute nightmare. The connection is incredibly bad, ping goes from a 30-35 ms (as it used to be with the hub 3) all the way up to 1000+ ms. That makes any online game virtually unplayable, even the browser speed is quite bad (takes ages to load a web page at times) streaming is very slow, therefore all the online meetings are just terrible for us.

I have tried to call the support team and it literally took me 2h just to get to an operator, and she sent a signal into my router and said that should fix the problem. It was no surprise when I tried to use the internet and it was just as bad.

I have to mention I have a wifi booster installed (one is plugged into a socket downstairs and into the router with an ethernet cable, and the other one is plugged in a socket in the loft and into my PC via an ethernet cable, as the wifi signal does not reach the loft).

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Connection Issues

If all was OK on the previous Hub3, just call in and tell them that the Hub4 is not fit for purpose and you want your Hub3 (reactivating - if you still have it) sending back.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mike312
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I`ve already tried that and they said I can`t have the Hub 3 reinstalled because of the area I live in.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mmmm. They send Hub4's out to people living in problematic areas so that the extra channels might stabilise things. I am beginning to smell an overutilisation issue!

Can you do this so we can see if that's the issue.

Set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture.

Post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop so we can see

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Mike312
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I`ve just set up the BQM, i`ll post the link as soon as i can.

Thank a alot.
0 Kudos
Mike312
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK lets see how it looks one a 24h timescale, Mon-Fri best 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Mike312
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos