Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 - Connect App/Public Wifi

I've just updated to the Vivid 1GB package/Hub 4.

It seems I can't opt out of public wifi (I can see the "Virgin Media" network has appeared, I had opted out on my old Superhub 3). The option to opt out is missing from the my profile page on My Virgin Media website.

I can't use the VM Connect App (I thought I might be able to unsubscribe there) - it seems to only support the hub 3 - it won't connect to hub 4.

How do I get rid of this thing? I'm not interested in it. Also when will the connect app support the hub 4?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 - Connect App/Public Wifi

The 1Gig/Hub4 service in Southampton is a trial, so is running outside the normal systems everyone else is using.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intriguing, no step of the process ever told me it was a trial... I just knew it wasn't available everywhere yet. There's no warnings/provisos saying that they don't fully support it yet or that I'm "testing" some kind of pre-release product.

I wonder if VM support can opt me out of public wifi remotely, since the option on their website doesn't seem to exist any more...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Gig1 is not a trial, it's also being rolled out in Manchester and eventually nationwide.

If opt out isn't possible then the only solution is to put the hub 4 into modem mode and use your own router.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection