Menu
dave060183
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 BT Whole Home

I've just got the hub 4 but have pretty patchy WiFi coverage over a 4 story house.

To resolve I've got the 3 pack of BT whole home disks. Set them up no problem and the coverage has been good.

I haven't been able to turn the hub wifi off even when following guides etc.i think it's causing some issues and I now want to turn off the WiFi and set the hub up as a modem. Should that be done before I set up the disks or can it be done with them up and running now?

To add complexity I've got sky q. Still have sky broadband running alongside virgin until I can get a solid setup on the q and 2 minis on my virgin fibre.

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 BT Whole Home

afaik the bt discs are just access points, there's no router capability.. so you'll need a router if you're gonna put the hub in modem mode..

unfortunately, there's a bug/feature in teh current hub software that re-enables the wifi broadcast even when disabled.. not sure if it will ever be fixed (it may be deliberate to resolve other issues /shrug)

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Leave the Hub in router mode,  but turn the WiFi to different channels to the BTWH.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

unfortunately, there's a bug/feature in teh current hub software” I think this is only in the Hub3 not the Hub4. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2