Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Activation required

Hi

I have tried calling 0800 953 9500 to get my new Hub 4 activated.  Spent a good 4 hours trying to get through, extremely disappointed with this service.  I do understand that we are in a pandemic but most companies have managed to get workers or engineers to work from home.  In any case an activation service should be automated.  We are all trying to get through this pandemic as best as possible and it seems lazy on behalf of Virgin to not make the activation process automated especially as its been a good 7 or 8 months since it all started.

Please could someone tell me how to get my new hub 4 working.  I've managed to get my old router working in the meantime.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 4 Activation required

Hi Andys777,

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the hub you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the hub or put you in touch with the right team.

If the old method which you have tried calling 0800 953 9500 fails as they aren't picking up then  you could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Activation required

Thanks Newappolo, I will try your suggestion.  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos