Menu
addag
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 2.4 ghz not working

Just signed up as a new customer and have been struggling to get the 2.4 GHz working. The technical support is absolutely hopeless. The people are rude. In spite of explaining the issue in detail and being a network engineer myself & having tried all possible options, the person was trying to act smart as if they were speaking to an idiot.

To add, I have already tried all options like different names for 2.5 & 5 ghz network, disabling smart option, changing channels, modes, etc. Nothing works

Got sent a new box today and although this one is broadcasting the 2.4 network, it is not getting connected to the internet. Seems more like a software bug. Looks like will have to waste another hour trying to speak to someone.

if anyone has a solution, please let me know

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 2.4 ghz not working

If you have had 2 Hubs and the same issue is persisting - and this board is not full of identical complaints - it would seem that this is a problem specific to your set up - no?

Do wired connections work ok and do 5GHz devices connect fine? I am no expert - but wifi being broadcast and not connecting to the network is often a DHCP/DNS issue on the devices being in the wrong "range".

Are you in modem mode with your own router by any chance?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
addag
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Two hubs two different issues. 

one does not broadcast 2.4 ghz network, the other although does broadcast it but does not connect to the Internet using the same cable

Wired and 5Ghz does work fine. It is not an issue with DNS/DHCP

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you've been sent a new hub you need to keep it plugged in to allow it to activate

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

likely the secondhand hub you got has wifi problems seems all hub have this problem, you will save time getting your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon addag,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that establishing a connection to the 2.4GHz band has been troublesome.

Looking into your hub, I can see that you currently have 3 devices connected to this band. Are you able to use the services as expected on the band since your post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos