Menu
sukhzd7890
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4.0 wifi keeps disconnecting

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to gig 1 (yes it's brilliant) but keep seeing that my devices get disconnected off of the WiFi... has anyone had similar issues or any way to fix this?

It's just the WiFi as ethernet is fine... 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4.0 wifi keeps disconnecting

May I suggest that you download and install a Wi-Fi analyser to show if there are any foreign Wi-Fi broadcasts interfering with your own Wi-Fi signals and where there are poor signal strengths..

From there you can look at refining your own Wi-Fi broadcasts.

I use this one ...

WiFi Analyzer Premium - Apps on Google Play

wifi-2

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
sukhzd7890
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What will I be looking for once its downloaded? Is it simply a channel shift?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Split the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands by renaming them to something different.

And yes choose a less congested channel for each.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos