cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3

iamthenewph7
On our wavelength

Our Hub 3 keeps dropping connections intermittently to most of our devices (Windows 10 & various versions of Android). This happens on wireless and wired connections. I have set the hub to default, but this didn't help. The original settings on the hub have not changed for some years, but it has only just in the last couple of weeks that there has been a problem. Restarting the hub solves the problem for a short time, but the problem comes back. My only guess that there is a hardware fault with the Hub. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28

It looks like resetting the hub to factory default has not helped. Everything was fine for 5 days, but we are now back to square one with the hub which just cuts off any device that requires an IP Address from the DHCP Server. When I set the hub to factory default, I put 1 PC to a static IP Address - this has not had any problems. To my mind, this confirms that there is a failure with the hub.

After a few months, we finally gave up with the Hub 3. We bought an Asus RT-AX92U router and set the Hub 3 to modem mode. Finally we have a useable system. Now I realise how bad the Hub 3 was. The wireless cover in the house is now superb, the problems with DHCP have gone, and 5 ghz wireless is stable and doesn't disappear like the Hub 3.

Hi iamthenewph7, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you were having issues with the hub 3 and glad to hear that this is now resolved. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

I don't think the issue with the hub 3 is actually "resolved".The only temporary solution for me was to buy an expensive router & use "modem mode", as the hub 3 was clearly not working correctly. Now I have a problem with my landline telephone which was working fine until I was asked to plug the telephone into the hub 3 rather the wall socket.

Sorry to hear another issue has come up @iamthenewph7

Just to confirm, is this how you set up your landline? Look here. Do you have a dial tone at all? What happens when trying to make and receive calls?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

We have a dial tone. We can make calls. The problem is about the handsets not ringing. We have 1 base station & 6 DECT handsets. Every time a call comes in, usually only 4-5 of the handsets will actually ring. This is random (i.e. a different handset will fail to ring, it is not the same handset each time). We can answer a call also, but unfortunately we might not hear the call coming as the handsets don't always ring.

Hi iamthenewph7,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to see you are facing a strange issue with your 5 Phone handsets and randomly 1 stops ringing, this does sound more like a device issue rather than the Router, as it is random which one doesn't ring, have you reached out to the Manufacturer help forums to see if anyone else has faced the same issue?

Regards

Paul.

I have spoken to Gigaset about the problem, but they have told me that the problem is with the line or the hub, not the base station or the handsets. They also sent me a replacement base station, but the problem was still there. I can page all the handsets from the base station and all of the handsets will ring, ruling out any problem with DECT or registration of the handsets with the base. Gigaset have told me that the REN value of our telephone setup is 1 REN which is within the parameters of the hub 3 which is supposed to support a total REN of 6 (3 REN per phone port). I have disabled ECO DECT on the base station, but this has not resolved the problem. My thought is it is likely to be a fault the hub, which has had problems in the past where it keeps losing settings (re. DHCP server / 5Ghz Wireless etc) hence my purchase of a 3rd party router. I have reset the hub to factory default multiple times but it still had problems. The hub, prior setting it to modem mode, was getting very very hot at lot of the time.

Hello iamthenewph7.

Sorry to hear you are still having an issue with handset.
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L