Menu
Tillymint2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3

Hi, not sure whether it’s just coincidental but our Ring camera has gone offline, my work phone can’t find our wifi and one laptop is saying limited wifi, our phones and a couple of other devices seem fine (apart from the weak security message on my IPhone) Nothing has changed or been added, service status says no issues and I’ve rebooted the hub a couple of times. I’m not very I.T confident I’m afraid but any advice would be much appreciated please. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3

Re the iPhone issue see this.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

Have you tried a pinhole reset of the Hub to revert everything back? If not - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first !

Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that sorts it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tillymint2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, no we haven’t. Will try later when I get home. When you say two passwords, we’ve got the network one, where is the other one please? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

On the Hub sticker. I dont have a Hub3 on the SH2 they are "passphrase" and "password" as here....

SH2 BASE STICKER.jpeg

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tillymint2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your help. 

0 Kudos
Tillymint2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator