Menu
kd_vmsupport
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 won't recognise ethernet connections

Like many people on this forum my hub 3 has stopped recognising my 3 ethernet connections (this has been ongoing for weeks, with numerous unsuccessful support calls).

The lights on the back of the box by the cables are green (1 of the 3 flashing, the others solid). My cable connections are secured, my hub has been rebooted and reset to factory settings it is not an issue with my 3 devices or my 3 cables. As stated the hub indicates a connection however the hub webpage shows 0 ethernet connections.

I have spoken to the support team who told me this is an issue for gadget support, I then was referred and got a dead line. Virginmedia on Twitter tells me the only place to go for a resolution is the community forum. Reading other posts this is a common problem - without a publicly posted solution, which needs direct message for resolution (slightly baffling - although good way to drive traffic to this forum). 

Please could I get a direct message from virgin support to get an engineer booked to fix the faulty hub. Could I also recommend this issue is added to the phone support manual, even just to clarify this is an known issue and isn't something to be transferred to gadget support. 

Sorry for the rant just a rather disappointing and very aggravating customer service experience. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 won't recognise ethernet connections

Potentially stupid question.

Your hub is definitely in router mode and not modem mode?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kd_vmsupport,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with the ethernet ports on the back of your hub and haven't been able to get much help with this. I appreciate it sounds like you've been through quite a lot of troubleshooting steps, however there is one thing I'd like to rule out before we arrange an engineer visit or new hub.

If only 1/4 of the ethernet ports are working, it sounds like your hub may be in modem mode, which causes only one of your ethernet ports to function (specifically the top one). One obvious thing about being in modem mode is that your hub light will be a magenta-ish colour. Can you please let us know if this is the case? If so, can you please factory reset your hub as this would switch you back to router mode.

Let us know and we can go from there 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
kd_vmsupport
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both - I can confirm the hub is in router mode and not modem mode. To confirm although one of the lights at the ethernet connections is flashing none of the connections are registering. I have already previously completed a factory reset with no resolution.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That does sound like borked ports!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello kd_vmsupport

Sorry this is happening to you 

But thanks for posting on here as it allows us to help get this fixed 

As you have tried everything already, I will need to book an engineer to come out

Which means passing security 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos