cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 with TP-Link XE75

ManicMarley
Tuning in

Hi All

Ive got a hub 3 and have speeds of about 300 download going through it, however the WIFI signals are not that great in my house as all internal walls are solid brick. My question is if i turn it into modem mode and connect a TP-Link XE75 pro mesh system to it, will i get the wifi 6 from the mesh routers?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

yes

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, the TP-Link XE75 is a Wifi 6 device.  I'm guessing you already knew that ......

It should be a massive improvement over the Hub 3 as a Router    🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Yes you will, in fact it looks like that model is WiFi 6e and not just 6. But do you have client devices which can use WiFi 6 or 6e? Also the limiting factor is the broadband speed, if you have a Hub 3 then that indicates that you are on the M500 tariff or lower, so irrespective of how good the WiFi speed is, no device will connect to the internet at faster than that speed.

ManicMarley
Tuning in

Thanks  All

Im keeping the 6 band for just the mesh routers to to each other to keep that traffic clear, the main reason for the mesh is to ensure i have no dead zones of wifi, im currently using Devlo Powerlines and a powerline wifi but its not solving the overall wifi issue

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

PLA's  are  not all they are cracked up to be.  I would only use them as a last resort.

Personally I use PoE Access Points to service my wifi needs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Wi-Fi at 5 Ghz & 6 Ghz may work well in timber and plaster board homes.
But solid internal walls very rapidly absorb RF signals at these frequencies.

ManicMarley
Tuning in

Ok I got this and it’s been great, however all of a sudden my speeds have dropped to 50mb from 300. Any ideas?

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Your device has a dual band Wi-Fi adaptor - on the 2.4GHz band 50Mb/s is quite typical and on the 5GHz band you see 300.  The device makes the choice of band to use ... not the Hub / Router / Access Point.

It’s on all devices including the lan one. I also switched the router to 5G only and still the same