Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 wirh an Access Point

• I have a TP Link AC1750 router which i plan to use as a wife access point to home office in the garden.
  • I have cat5e cable terminated to make the ethernet connection
  • I have a short lan cable, which i am using for setting up the tp link device, but cannot establish a connection to the device
  • Is there a setting on the hub 3 which needs to be changed? 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 wirh an Access Point

You need to set the TP Link to Bridge/AP mode if you’re leaving the Virgin Hub in Router Mode

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 wirh an Access Point

When you connect the devices together, do you get a link light on either the TP-links Ethernet port or the hub port?  If not, replace your cable.

I would be surprised, as most modern equipment caters for it, but historically, when directly connecting two “like” devices together (two pc’s, two switches, two routers etc..) you used to need to use a “crossover” cable, rather than a standard cable.. the cable looks identical, but some of the wires are switched (or crossed-over) inside so that the send pin at one end is wired into the receive pin at the other end and vice versa..

most modern equipment implements something called MDIX to take care of this without you ever realising that it’s a problem... but ya never know..

0 Kudos