cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 wifi speed to devices intermittent

smudge61
Joining in

Hi 

We have a Hub 3 - volt M250 package with one pod (awaiting delivery of a 2nd). The signal strength is so intermittent and slower than ever before.  I cannot get to speak to a real person!!  I have rest my hub, re connected the virgin connect app, and still the same issues keep occuring.  I can be in my office with a speed of 190, move towards the door and it goes down to 36!!  I even sat in front of the router this morning and SamKnows said input speed was 267 and my device was 60.

Also the app keeps loosing the pod intermittantly too.  This is driving me mad as so many devices at home rely on good internet speed.  

Any help greatly appreciated

Kelly

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

Even with pods the guaranteed speed is only 30Mbps to a single wireless device.

Which device were you using right next to the HUB?

If it's running on the 2.4Ghz band 60Mbps is good!

smudge61
Joining in

I was using my iphone.  My office is now reading 189! I give up

If you access your HUB on 192.168.0.1, using the 'settings' password on the base (Not the WiFi password), you should see a 'Connected devices' section where you can see the speed each device is connected to the HUB.

Fitzari
Tuning in

I have the exact same problem, done all the resets moving the Hub ect... getting absolutely unacceptable now....my contract just expired, and they soon got in touch to let me know the price has gone up🤯😱