forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 wifi is always dropping out

Hi All, we are working from home and the hub 3 keeps resetting its self  VM are a waste of time they keep telling me its ok but its not. So i still have a couple of months on my contract before i can leave. I am not a tech guy so i am looking for some simple straight forward instructions and help

1)Whats the best router to connect and how do i connect  it 

2)how do i changed the hub settings to a modem 

an idiots guide would be great so thanks for any help 

Tony

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 wifi is always dropping out

Whilst i wholeheartedly approve of buying a decent third party router and putting the hub in modem mode, there are some issues that it won't fix, so before you rush out and spend some money on something that may not resolve your issues please could you:

set up a BQM - once set up, find the Live Graph and click "Create Sharing Link" - post that back here.

Next, browse to your hub on http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status - copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single one..

it will take 24 hours or so to get a useful data set from the BQM, but it's worth doing so you can make an informed decision about whether or not a new router will make a difference.. 

0 Kudos
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 wifi is always dropping out

thanks for the reply i have just signed up and set one up thanks 

0 Kudos