Menu
iiNSaNe93
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 vs Hub 2ac?

So we have had the Hub 3 for some time now, and have had constant problems for the past year and a bit. VM claim to have now fixed the issues in my area but we still experience them. 

I was sent a replacement Hub by an employee on the forums, but it arrived and is a Hub 2ac. Is it as simple as unplugging the Hub 3 and plugging in the 2ac? or do I need some special changes inside the account settings?

Also we are on M350 and I have read that the 2ac caps at 200MB/s?  I'm not too bothered about this if my upload speed improves!

Any advice appreciated,

Thanks

My Broadband Ping - Virgin M350
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 vs Hub 2ac?

It wont work. Only the one Hub that is activated onto your account works at a time. They will never activate an old SH2 that was never associated to your account in the past.

Use it as a door stop,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
iiNSaNe93
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This company is a joke! Thanks
My Broadband Ping - Virgin M350
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Describe in detail the issues you are having with the Hub3 and folks on here might be able to help you get them resolved or advise what to do next

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @iiNSaNe93,

Thank you for getting in touch about this issue.

We're really sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your Hub 3.

I was able to locate your account and I can see that you've been in touch with our team about this and have an engineer booked soon.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and how your connection is after.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos