Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 upgrade

Hi,I just tried to upgrade through the free upgrade online, for a hub 2 to a hub 3.  I got the "please call us" message.

Finally got through on the phone to be told there was a £35 installation charge.  He then said he would speak to tech support, put me on hold and never came back.

Why is Virgin media customer service so shoddy, the website will never allow me to do anything, upgrade/downgrade, sort out faults etc.  I always get the "please call us" message and end up with someone on the phone who clearly has no idea what they are talking about!  It's especially annoying to get the repeated messages on the phone that basically say, we don't want top talk to you, go use the website, when the reason you are calling is because the website is useless!

How do I get the free upgrade without having to jump through all these hoops please?

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 upgrade

It is a "free" upgrade for "eligible" customers. The CS staff have not been informed/trained with that in mind.

If you wait here a VM person should respond and help. They can take up to a week to get here though

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, if someone from VM could look at this, that would be great, Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@estgeorge wrote:

Hi, if someone from VM could look at this, that would be great, Thank you

They will. Please don’t bump threads 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I bumped it as it was showing as "resolved", which it isn't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@estgeorge wrote:

I bumped it as it was showing as "resolved", which it isn't.

untick the helpful answer you’ve selected then 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi