Menu
antani
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 upgrade

Hi. I'm eligible for upgrading from SuperHub to Hub 3. Does anyone know if the new hub is mailed to your home or needs to be collected from a store? Also, I assume that the installation of the new hub does not require an engineer?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 upgrade

I think there is a hub replacement program! (I'm sure I've heard about it on here!)

Try this link!

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi antani, 

Thanks for your post 🙂

If you are eligible to upgrade then follow the link in your email, if you've received one, or just click on the link that lotharmat posted above 🙂 

You shouldn't need an engineer as you should just be able to unscrew the coaxial cable from your existing hub to your new one. Usually this is delivered to your home address as well. 

If you have any issues with things, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

antani
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F, thank you for your reply. I tried to do the free hub upgrade online following the link got on my Virgin Media profile, but I get the following message:

Please call us about your upgrade

We're really sorry, but we won't be able to sort your upgrade through our website. Instead, please give us a quick ring so we can go through the details with you.

I'm not sure why this can't be done online? I don't really have time to spend waiting in a queue on the phone.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi antani

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I shall PM you now to resolve this 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
GJH11
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same position as Antani. The website tells me I am eligible for a free upgrade to a Hub 3 from my current Super Hub ac. Tried to upgrade online but received the same message requiring me to telephone Customer Services. Called Customer Services who told me an upgrade was only possible if there was an issue with the Super Hub 2ac. This is at odds with the advice on the website. I am keen to upgrade to Hub 3 to benefit from greater speed and enhanced security and would appreciate your help in resolving this.

Thanks

Graham

0 Kudos
sardee
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same situation. Website stated due free upgrade to Hub3 ( mine is 8year old Hub2). Tried to order but referred to phone. Great difficulty understanding person answering but eventually informed that I would be offered a £2 reduction in my bundle charge, and an engineer would fit my Hub 3 for an activation fee of around £35. At that stage I gave up. Acting on advice elsewhere in the forum I have changed my router password. Where to go from here?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM's website info is rarely updated in a timely fashion to their changes of "policy" Right now (AIUI) the "free upgrade" is in limbo due to stock problems in supplying replacements. They are even asking for SH2's to be returned for refurbishment and reissue whereas it was - recycle it.

However if the Hub is faulty and you call in they will replace it for free.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos