Menu
mick4x4
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 tripping my modem

Hi I have a hub 3 running in modem mode. Its connected to a draytek vigor router, I've had this set up for 4 and a half years and I've changed nothing on my network. In the last hour my draytec router keeps restarting every minute or so. If I disconnect everything from it it stays on. When I conect everything back in apart from the wan connection from the hub 3 it works as it should. But as soon as I conect the hub 3 it starts to restart all the time. Does this sound like a hub 3 fault? Thanks Mick
0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 tripping my modem

Your hub3 is working as should be from your description. Virgin give no support for third party routers. I think you need perform a factory reset on the draytek vigor router & make sure its firmware is up to date.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Maybe your draytek router is faulty on the WAN interface? Can you connect a PC up to the modem mode in modem mode and get a WAN IP to see if thats stable (you may need to power off the hub for 2mins and unplug replug the Ethernet cable to get a IP). If the above is stable copy the PC MAC to your router WAN settings.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

At first glance it sounds more like the router at fault since it shouldn't be possible for anything on the WAN input to restart it. Lose connection yes but not a complete restart.  But against that DrayTek routers are extremely reliable.

Do you have a neighbour or friend with VM where you could try the router? 

DrayTek have good UK support if you want to ask them for advice. 

0 Kudos