Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 to a wifi extender unit

Hi we cannot get wifi signals in 2 bedrooms I have tried virgins wifi extenders but still not good at all could be a cable thing . I am on about buying some non inline wifi extenders and using a Ethernet cable . Will I have any issues with the new superhub 3  . With a set up or can I just plug the cable in 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 to a wifi extender unit

What do you mean by "non inline wifi extenders"? What make/models have you in mind. How are you planning to connect them to the Hub?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I mean my power around the house is on 2 seperate circuits and the 2 new bedrooms are new builds . I have managed to get a Ethernet cable close to them  . I need wifi in the rooms I have a speed of 200 . I am not sure which type would be on . Just to plug it into the Ethernet what goes to the hub 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if you have a ethernet cable from the hub to the rooms you need wifi in you can just attached a wireless access point to the ethernet. If you also want more ethernet ports you can add switch and connect the access point to the switch

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

sorry I am not into all these things ? Wireless access point ? What do they look like ? And where 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=wireless+access+point&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I have got a wireless access point all connected and all is good BUT it has its own password which I used then all of a sudden everyone didn’t need a password I know iPhones share passwords but the Xbox also didn’t need it how can I make it secure ? 

thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Jeffpea wrote:

Hi 

I have got a wireless access point all connected and all is good BUT it has its own password which I used then all of a sudden everyone didn’t need a password I know iPhones share passwords but the Xbox also didn’t need it how can I make it secure ? 

thank you 

You can change the SSID and password on the AP to that of the hub or keep it separate. That’s down to you. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos