Menu
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 thinks its a sky router

Sounds weird this one

I think both Virgin and Sky hubs use 192.168.0.1

If you type that in do you get Virgin hub, yours, or do you get a Sky hub, presumably a neighbours?

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello MrABBA, 

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

How have you been getting on since your last post? Have you worked out if this is a neighbors Sky connection?

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rhirons
Superfast
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

So to confirm, you're not on wifi (or wifi is off) and your computer is plugged directly into the hub? If so, do you use powerline adapters anywhere in your home? Perhaps feeding a wifi access point or something?

Powerline adapters are the only thing I can see causing your problem. If the neighbours use them too, you could be picking up traffic from their network. And if their sky router uses the same 192.168.0.1/24 subnet, that will explain why you get the sky routers page.

I've seen it before where the electrical wiring has been a bit shoddy and there's crosstalk causing the home plugs to connect to each other between houses.

0 Kudos
IKbrunel
Up to speed
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Stranger & Stranger, to see the Sky self help pages you have to be logged into the router.

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Run a tracert to anywhere and post it here.

Sounds like your computer is using a VPN, or even there Is malware running your connection through a Sky customer proxy.  Even a simple http web proxy could see this.  Tell us what OS you have and we can suggest how to check, it looks like Chrome is your browser - is that the only one you use?

That's what it looks like to me.

Not sure if Tor exit points would show the same thing.  They shouldn't, but eh.... OP should know if they are using TOR and the issues it brings.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Strange no replies from MrAbba for a couple of weeks.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
MrABBA
Joining in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Yes i think it was the neighbors. but the problem has stopped now. i haven't changed anything though... odd.

0 Kudos
Harlin
Just joined
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Just found this whilst googling. Had some issues connecting to game servers tonight, rebooted the 'Sky' hub, and noticed upon restart that I had a dozen more devices connected to the router, refreshed the page again, took me to a Virgin Hub 3, asking me to login. Reported this to Sky as I also had virtually no Internet. Seems close to a data breach, given I could see 'somebody's Virgin hub, devices and IP addresses etc, on my wired network. Sky didn't see overly bothered, which is standard.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

you use a powerline adapter i assume.

So doe someone close to you and they are not secure versions. yours and theres are connecting your 2 network.

you should replace them with ones that support device to device encryption.

do data breach just cheap tech

0 Kudos