Menu
kenryan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 syslog

I have a HUB 3 and I want   to stream out the log file to an external device  , like a syslog, can the box do this and if so how ?

On same note , I observe that the log seems to overwrite events , for example , when reviewing the log there was a critical error at 9.29 this morning , when I go back in this afternoon it appears to have been over written by another critical error at 1300 .. Is this expected behaviour ?

Tks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 syslog

There is no means of extracting the logging information.

0 Kudos
kenryan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, do you have any info on the fact that the HUB3 seems to overwrite events in the log , thereby erasing the prior events ? Any way to manage that ?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kenryen,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you aren't able to so stream out the log file to an external device this isn't something you are able to do.

If you wish to monitor the connection and be able to share the live feeds I advise you to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture. please run this for 72 hours and post the results here so we can have a further look into this for you. 

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos