Menu
greenakd
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 signal good just not able to run devices

I have about 18 devices connected to my Hub 3 with 200 meg.

We are having issues with the connection dropping or being slow which is causing issues for my wife working at home. 

The signal is good all over the house so we do not show any blackspots, I have tried disconnecting devices and rebooting and still having issues. Could it be that the router is starting to fail? We never had this issue 6 months ago.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 signal good just not able to run devices

Have you tried a pinhole reset? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 30 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 signal good just not able to run devices

It could be a failing hub, but they are usually reliable, so on a balance of probabilities, the timing suggests it's much more likely to be an over-utilisation issue (too many customers using the VM network around you), and the second most probable cause would be a noise or power issue.

Setup a BQM, that'll show what's going on with your VM connection and will usually show or rule out an over-utilisation problem.  Post a link to a live, shared graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can do that immediately. 

If you want us to take a look for any potential power or noise fault, connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos