Menu
saragalla1990
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 repeatedly doesn’t work after reboot, green flashing lights.

So very occasionally my electricity cuts out, so my hub gets turned off momentarily. When it turns back on, I can’t connect to my wifi for sometimes a whole day, sometimes two. I spend those whole days turning it off and on again with the power switch on the hub, turning the power outlet off, pulling each of the cables out and reinserting them, pressing the pinhole button on the back - basically if this site has advised me to do it, I’ve tried it over and over again, and nothing works. 

The hub shows flashing green lights - the power light at the bottom flashes green, then the wifi icon flashes green, then the two arrow icon flashes green. This happens every time, and it sometimes just randomly fixes itself after days of waiting, I’ve repeatedly booked and subsequently had to cancel engineers because of my hub just unpredictably fixing itself. 

This is currently my situation, I’ve had no internet and only flashing green lights since yesterday morning. If anybody can help me get it back online, that would be great. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 repeatedly doesn’t work after reboot, green flashing lights.

The lights should flash green during start up but stop after a few mins and then a constant white light when everything had rebooted and established the connection again. It should not be flashing green for hours or even days. This usually indicates a problem with the line or that work is being done in the area.

Have you Checked service status and also called 0800 561 0061 for the most up to date faults information in your area

In failing that it might be best to call it in. Best to ring Virgin on or just after 8am on 0345 454 1111 or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but unfortunately this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @saragalla1990

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that you've had some issues getting your services back up and running after having a small power cut. I have located your account from your Forum information and can see that a technician was booked since your post last week but was subsequently cancelled as no longer needed - how's things been looking at home for you? 

Looks like your hub has been on for around 2 days or so and we have no known area issues for your region today or in the last few weeks. Your signal levels are looking to be within the parameters we would expect for your package and equipment. 

If you're still having issues, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be sure to take another look for you. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
saragalla1990
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Katie, thanks for your response. Yeah it came back on by itself the same night I phoned, the person I was talking to couldn’t help and recommended an engineer and they booked me an appointment, but it somehow righted itself that night a few hours after I gave up resetting it, so I cancelled the engineer. It just seems to fix itself randomly.

It happens every time I get a power cut, I’m left without wifi for at least 24 hours - do you have any idea what causes this? Or maybe any ideas how to fix it myself for future?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @saragalla1990

Is it only the WiFi that doesn't connect after the power cut? How are things over a wired connection once the power is back on?

In all honesty we can't think of a reason why it would not come back on once the power has been restored.. it's not something I have heard if before. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos