cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 regular wifi speed drop.

Griffno1
Tuning in

Since receiving a pod late last year wifi distribution throughout the house has improved dramatically, however I am experiencing regular drops in speed down to 15 mbps. My regular wifi speed in close proximity to my hub3 is around 250mbps but every 2 to 3 days I experience this drop in speed measured in the same close proximity. This problem persists until I re-boot my hub, once re-started I am getting expected speed but after a few days speed will drop again and I need to re-boot the router. Anyone with same problem or any solutions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Hero

Use the link below to show the speed to the Hub and then the speed to your WiFi device.

Once the test starts click on Run full test to see all all the stats.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Regardless of the speed abilities of your WiFi device the Hub should give results that match your subscription rate.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Hero

Use the link below to show the speed to the Hub and then the speed to your WiFi device.

Once the test starts click on Run full test to see all all the stats.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Regardless of the speed abilities of your WiFi device the Hub should give results that match your subscription rate.

Tested via the link, 274mbps from hub 235 mbps at device via wifi. Checked prior to Re-boot and got 270mbps at hub and 16mbps at device. Think the hub has an ongoing recurring issue.

Hi @Griffno1 thanks for your post here, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

If the speeds are going to your Hub, then it wouldn't be a Hub issue if the speeds aren't going to the device, it could be a device issue here, particularly when it comes to WiFi.

To rule out anything more serious on the network, can you please try the same speed test, but to a device connected via ethernet cable to see if the speeds are more up to scratch?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom, thanks for the respose. Things are ok at the moment since my last hub re-boot on Sunday, I will wait until I notice the wifi speed drop off again and plug my laptop directly in to the hub and do a speedtest. I have my pc upstairs in my office but that is running on ethernet via a homeplug pairing and the speed drop is significant but adequate for my use, because of this so wouldn't adequately reflect true direct connection speed. Will respond when I have tried it out. Cheers

Thanks for the update Griffno1 and please do let us know if you have any further issues with your connection and we will be able to look into that further for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L