forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Karen261
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 red light

My Wi-Fi hub 3 has a red light where it should be white/yellow. It's out in the open, facing into the room not near anything else and was reset and turned off for 2 hrs to cool as that is apparently what a red light means!! But the Wi-Fi is intermittent I phone for help and wait 40 to 50 minutes and they take my details and then it cuts out!! Please help 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 red light

similar post here, today, resolved by forum staff quite quickly (new hub sent out) - hopefully they'll pick yours up quickly too.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Karen261

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the WiFi issues. Is the hub hot too touch at all?

Regarding the WiFi issues, I've done some checks and found some of the your WiFi devices are very close to the Hub and could be wasting valuable WiFi bandwidth. Connecting them via Ethernet could improve things for other WiFi devices. This is things like consoles, TV's etc, TV boxes.

Keep me posted 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Karen261
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it is warm to touch. I have unplugged and left it off for 2hrs but light is still there, problems never happened until red light started and nothing has been moved, the only thing near the hub is the hive but due to the length of the hub cable I can't move it!! Seriously considering paying the leaving cost and moving provider. I think virgin should change my box !! But that won't happen.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Karen261,

Thanks for coming back to us.

We are currently experiencing issues trying to send a new hub out to you as a delivery, so I have arranged an engineer visit for you so the box can be replaced from there. Please find your appointment time slot via your My Virgin Media account here. The appointment can be rearranged from there if needed.

Do let us know how things go from there and if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Karen261
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re:Hub 3 red light

Thank you very much Beth. Hope it works 🤞 

0 Kudos