cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 - red light and feels warm!

Mer90
Tuning in

Hi there 😊

Starting a few days ago, our hub 3 has a red light showing, which I understand is an overheating warning. It also feels warm at the top - about as warm as our V6 box, sometimes warmer but not what I’d call hot. 

It is in router mode, always has been. It is not in direct sunlight, and it is upright and has space/ventilation around it. I vacuumed it yesterday as it was dusty on one side, but this has not resolved the issue. Had no luck with turning it off for a few minutes then back on, nor with it being switched off at the mains overnight. 

I really don’t want to call customer services, as going by other people’s experiences, they will be reluctant to send out a technician/replacement! 
So please can a member of staff here help me with this ASAP? 

5 REPLIES 5

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mer90, thanks for joining our help forums and welcome to the VM community.

Sorry to hear you had a red light issue with your hub, also sad to see that due to other users' comments and experiences shared here you don't trust our customer support would be able to help over a call.

Since you've reached out to the forum team of course we're eager to assist with this.

I will soon send you a private message here so we can look into this.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri, I replied to your PM yesterday 😊 

Thank you for posting @Mer90 

I can see that Adri has responding to you further. Just to advise, it can take sometimes up to 2 days for the team to respond to you depending on shift times and work load. Rest assured, we'll respond as soon as possible to your posts and messages 🙂

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Mer90
Tuning in

Absolutely fuming 🤬🤬🤬

The technician was booked to come today between 12 - 4pm. I SPECIFICALLY booked that time because me and my mum are NOT morning people due to our disabilities. 
I had a missed call at 9:16, as my phone is on DND until 10am. Then the Ring doorbell went, it was the technician. My mum answered, half asleep, confused at first thinking it was a parcel needing a signature. He asked if there’s a problem with the broadband, she said yes, and then, as she asked “Were you due to call today?” he spoke at the same time and said something about “The area”, so she thought he was asking if there was problem in our area, not with the router. She replied with “Yes” (don’t ask me why as there’s not been a problem in the area), his response was “Ok so it’s all sorted then?” she said yes (I think she’d forgotten about the router issue) so he walked off! 

What is the bloody point in having a time slot if technicians don’t stick to it? I suppose if she hadn’t answered the doorbell, we’d have had a nice £25 charge slapped on our next bill for a “Missed appointment”, huh? Despite HIM being in the wrong?

I’ve spent so much time trying to get this sorted and now, a whole week after starting this process, I’m back to square one! This is not doing my mental health any good!

I'm so sorry to hear this @Mer90 

If you're appointment was booked for 12pm - 4pm then this should've been the time the technician should've visited. 

I can see that you have been in touch with us privately again and this has been rearranged for you. 

We always take on board the feedback we receive so we can learn more about the areas we need to improve. We will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams. Keep us updated should you have any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley