Menu
Stormdog1232
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 rebooting

Hi all. Desperately looking for some help as none has been forthcoming from VM. For the last few months my wifi has been less than useless. Dropping connection and rebooting up to 20 times a day. I have one laptop and one mobile connected to wifi thats it nothing else. I have tried ethernet connection but Hub 3 still reboots 2 -10 times every hour if not more. VM say there is nothing wrong with my hub and says its my surroundings and neighbours usage affecting my signal. Does that explain why the Hub costantly re boots. I am not that tec savvy so desperate for some ideas please. I have tried all the usual fixes.  Giving VM one last chance to sort or I will be cancelling. Hard to believe the customer service considering I have been a customer for over 15 years.

Many thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 rebooting

Hi mate your not alone on this i have the same problem i am on the 200mbs but i am quite lucky my contract is up in 6 weeks so in two weeks i will be putting my 30 days notice in to VM. i have been looking at Talk talk 240 and sky 140 as they both look good but VM used to be good too. every time i call VM they tell me there is no problem with their equipment so maybe its all in my head lol but one this for sure this headache will only last a few more weeks as as soon a i put my 30 days notice in i will get one of the others in and just pay for the last month Good luck as you will need it mate    

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 rebooting

The hub is not rebooting, it is losing connection with the VM CMTS, the equipment at the other end of your coax. This is often due to a poor signal or noise ingress on your circuit. Please go into your hub on 192,168.0.1 and post your up/downstream stats and network log. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos