Menu
fmcco
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 "Access Point Temporarily Full"

For the past few days I have been getting the "Access Point Temporarily Full" message from the wifi hub on the standard 2.4GHz channel. It will have kicked devices off the network and won't allow any others on. There is not an excessive amount of devices connected to it, e.g. this morning it happened and 8 devices were connected. A reboot of the hub resolves it temporarily, but this is not an option when there are multiple people at work/school on devices it hasn't kicked. 

I know using a wired connection (impractical) or using my own wifi router (costly) will sort it out and also resolve the shockingly poor wifi coverage in the house but in the short term is there anything I can do to get rid of this issue?

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 "Access Point Temporarily Full"

Only remaining thing to try is a pinhole reset.  VM hubs are pretty mediocre as routers, but it ought to be able to manage more than eight devices.  Give it a go, see if that helps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

fmcco
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if this will kill the 5GHz network that was split off some time ago in a vain attempt to improve the wifi coverage?
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

a reset will set the hub back to default settings so - yes the wifi channels will have the same ssid so you will have to split them again and also re do anything else you modified

Tony
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes. It will reset the SSID back to the shipped one, that is a single name for both bands. You can then go into the setting and set up dual SSID names as you had them before.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
fmcco
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks all. I'll just go down the route of finding a decent mesh setup and solve 2 problems.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@fmcco wrote:

I know using a wired connection (impractical) or using my own wifi router (costly) will sort it out and also resolve the shockingly poor wifi coverage in the house but in the short term is there anything I can do to get rid of this issue?

Well if you found a short term solution would you do a long term solution?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos