Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 plus 2nd router

I’ve searched the web on this issue and still can’t get it to work so here goes on this forum. 

Ive a VM hub 3 and I want to be able to get WiFi to a building in the garden. 
I’ve no problem running cat6 from the hub to the garden building but I want WiFi in there for a Firestick etc. 
Ive already tried a repeater but my firestick still buffers because of signal strength. 
Ive a D-Link DIR655 router and was thinking of using that instead of spending out any more. 
Does anyone know how to do this. 
I want the hub and the D-link router to broadcast WiFi. 
Do I need to change any settings on the hub?

Thankyou for any help 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 plus 2nd router

If the Wi-Fi coverage in the house is sufficient you could do with a simple ethernet connection to a Wireless Access Point in the garden building.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 plus 2nd router

Have you seen this?

https://www.quora.com/I-have-a-Dlink-DIR-655-router-I-want-to-use-it-as-a-wireless-repeater-How-can-...

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos