cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 permanent redlight

fedup_of_chelt
On our wavelength

There is a permanent redlight on my hub3.

The WiFi connection is becoming intermittent but when reporting this fault just rudely told there isn't a problem. 

I have now raised a formal complaint with VM asking for the hub to be replaced.

I believe the hub is faulty and  poses a fire risk despite being told there isn't a problem 😟

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

Check if the Hub 3 feel hotter than normal or worse smells hot.

Login to the Hub 3 menu and http://192.168.0.1/ ( use the 6 digit password from the bottom sticker ) and run the Network diagnostic tool.

Scroll down through the results to the entry for Temperature, is it Normal or too high ?

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello fedup_of_chelt,

Sorry to hear of the red light showing on your Hub, we appreciate the concern this can cause and you taking the time to raise it via the forums.

The red light can indicate an issue or a fault with the LED itself, either way we'd like to arrange this to be looked into further and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you so keep an eye out for the envelope in the top right when signed into the forums.

In the meantime, Please can you try this for me:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible.

• Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.

Rob

Normal.

Hi @fedup_of_chelt thanks for your reply - that's great news!
If things do change again, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

It states normal temperature but the redlight is permanently on, it is very hot to the touch and the WiFi is still very intermittent. So it may say normal, it very much isn't and I remain concerned.

Hi there 👋

Thanks for the update on this. If your Hub is very hot to touch, then it would be best to switch it off and unplug it from the socket, to prevent any further issues.

I can see you have multiple posts open regarding this, and can see that another member of our team has messaged you privately to assist further. Please head to the white envelope in the top-right corner, or the "Messages" tab by tapping your profile picture.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ