Menu
Del_C
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 overheating

Hi

My hub 3 has consistently had the solid red overheating for the past 6 weeks despite multiple reboots and being in the same well ventilated area. It's also started dropping WiFi connection during video calls which is impacting on my work. I see from other threads that this has affected many other people. What's the best way to get a replacement hub ordered? 

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 overheating

Hi @Del_C

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear your hub is displaying the red light which would usually indicate it is overheating. 

I will pop you a PM now to confirm some details so we can get a technician booked out and get this replaced if required. 

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for providing the details as requested via PM @Del_C

All done for you. I have booked a technician to come out to check this further. Should you find the time and date unsuitable, feel free to re-schedule via your online account

Let us know how the visit goes and enjoy the weekend 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Del_C
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This has been sorted now, the engineer replaced my hub and also checked my connection. Been working fine for the last couple of days

Thanks

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It VM a little worried that the newer hubs are over heating? seems old super hubs don't have this problem maybe a rethink about cooling is needed and not cheap out on how much heatsink you can get away with.🤒     

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Del,

Thank you for reaching back out to us with a update, glad to hear the technician has resolved your issue with a new hub and a full check.

If you do have any further issues do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos