Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 not working

My Hub 3 modem has stopped working & showing a red light indicating overheating. I have turned it off for a while & reset it to no avail. It is in the open and has just stopped working. I can’t see anywhere on the VM website to report this. I am currently using my phone. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 not working

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnhighfield, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

I am very sorry for the delay in response to your post and for the issue with the broadband service. 

I have completed a check on your account and ran some diagnostics and everything appears to be in the green and in spec.

Your account shows that you have spoken to the team directly since your last post to us, were they able to resolve this issue for you?

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues with the service.

Thanks

Nat
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for all of your help - I did manage to speak to VM at 8am - as advised - and had a new hub delivered & set up within 36hrs - which I was very pleased with.

What wasn’t so helpful is that I use the hub in modem mode as I have a Netgear Orbi router & mesh system. The set-up instructions explained how to set the hub up as a modem - BUT failed to mention that a red (magenta?) light is displayed when in this mode. This did worry me as on the VM website this indicates overheating - however my wi-if was working fine. It was only by googling this situation was I reassured that it’s ‘normal’ in this mode. It would be helpful if this information was added to the hub set-up information for when the hub is used a modem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you vey much for letting us know. 

I understand the light you are referring to when using the equipment in modem mode and appreciate this can easily be confused for a fault or overheating. 

We apologise for the fact the information is not easily available and I will ensure this is raised to the relevant team for review. 

Thanks

Nat