Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 needs restarting regularly

My Hub 3.0 is several years old now and is not working properly. It has be to restarted every other day as my devices are not always connecting to it. This does fix the issue but it is a recurring problem, and is extremely frustrating. It is not losing signal completely as some things are still connected but others will drop out or won't pick up the wifi at all. The range seems to have also diminished greatly with laptops not even working in the adjacent room approx 20ft away. This has happened over the last few months. I have run the test and it says the equipment is fine and also reset the hub but this has made no difference.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 needs restarting regularly

Are wired connections also dropping out?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We don't have any wired connections and have no ethernet cable to test. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Does everything drop at the same time or intermittently?

Do the lights on the hub change?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The lights on the hub stay the same, just the white light at the bottom. It tends to be the computers and laptops that struggle to get connection and different tablets and phones drop at different times. It never loses connection to everything. Yesterday it was the tivo box that lost connection

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Could be the hub. But more likely it’s WiFi interference from a subpar hub.

Modem mode with your own router or mesh system will likely cure that issue. 

0 Kudos