cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 keeps switching to router mode and losing connectivity

dominohayward
Joining in

Hi all,

I've a Hub3 that for years has been happily in modem mode connected to my router. 

This morning I didn't have any internet so checked the hub and it had switched back to router mode. I switched it back to modem and it restarted, but I didn't get any incoming internet until I had manually restarted it.

Since then it's done this two more times, and I get repeated drops of connectivity. The Hub reports it has up/down stream locks during this time, but my internal router doesn't receive any connections from it.

I've factory reset the device and the behaviour remains, I'm assuming at this point I need a new hub, but as virgin's help portals appear to be equally as temperamental I'm struggling to get anything useful from them - anyone have any idea the best way to go about getting a replacement?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 & report your internet connection as having failed.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dominohayward, 

Thank you for your post and welcome back! 

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having here. I have been able to take a look at things from our side - just to confirm it isn't an issue with your equipment, so you wouldn't need a replacement. I have been able to identify an area issue which is causing this. The fault reference to this is: F010817577 - the ETA for this to be fixed is 16:00PM today. I apologise for the experience and inconvenience caused in the meantime - I assure you the team will be doing all they can to get this resolved asap. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.