Menu
BenG1984
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 keeps disconnecting

My hub 3 keeps disconnecting, causing Internet to drop out. Which is causing it difficult to work from home. This becomes more frustrating as I solely work from home!

I've had an engineer out to check the line and the setup and, apparently, it is all fine - no faults, no issues. The box on the side of my house is damaged and so would let the elements in but I don't think this would affect things.

The only issue I can put it down to is the Hub 3.

How can we get this replaced? Perhaps with a hub 4? Considering how integral the Internet is to my livelihood and how poor it is performing at the moment.

Today for example, every single video call I have been on (and I'm on a fair few every day) I have been kicked out of due to losing connection and have had to rejoin multiple times.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 keeps disconnecting

On a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
BenG1984
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it is not my devices that keep disconnecting - it is the hub itself having to reestablish a connection. Repeatedly.

This evening alone it was happened around a dozen times whilst I've been on a 3 hour video call. 

I have the hub in modem mode with a mesh system connected to it, due to the incredibly poor signal reach of the hub.

And before it is suggested, this problem existed prior to installing the mesh system.

Ben

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@BenG1984 wrote:

Hi, it is not my devices that keep disconnecting - it is the hub itself having to reestablish a connection. Repeatedly.

This evening alone it was happened around a dozen times whilst I've been on a 3 hour video call. 

I have the hub in modem mode with a mesh system connected to it, due to the incredibly poor signal reach of the hub.

And before it is suggested, this problem existed prior to installing the mesh system.

Ben

Post some logs. Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos