Menu
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 issues

When the power drops and is restored the hub does not power up. Is this what is happening?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Fantazein
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 25
Flag for a moderator

if there is a power cut the hub will start up but cameras on it do nit connect as well as other devices so I have to reboot the hub a few tines to get it working again so need a new hub 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Could be an issue with the camera. Cheap Chinese things are notorious for connectivity issues. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
RedDragonTaff
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Sort of sounds like an issue with the IP address that these 'cameras' obtain when everything is working well.

When you het a power cut, and power is restored, it can take the SH3 a good amount of time to boot up, until that has had sufficient time the DHCP server included in the SH3 won't be signing IP addresses from its pool, meaning connected devices (wired or wireless) won't be getting an assigned IP address.  Therefore won't be visible on the network or have access to internet traffic.

Putting aside why you are getting frequent power cuts; when this fault scenario happens, do other devices on you network work and can access the internet served by the SH3?  Is it just the 'cameras' that fail to access the network/internet?  If so, what if you reboot just the 'cameras' without rebooting the SH3?  Does this then allow them to work?  If they do work after a reboot of those devices it suggests that the time these 'cameras' look for an IP address to when they get an IP address from the router is marginal.

You could either look to delay the boot up of these cameras, or look to install a DHCP server yourself like a Raspberry Pi running say pi-hole and setup the SH3 without a DHCP but wired to the pi-hole.  Thats was I use reliably on my home setup.

Hope this might give you some ideas to investigate.  Sorry if its too techie as a response.

0 Kudos
Fantazein
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 25
Flag for a moderator

No not chinese as 2 different makes of cameras and also other devices 

0 Kudos
Fantazein
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Never had an issue before and other devices have the same issue 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Are you able to let us know the other devices that are not connecting?  I want to see if there are any common denominator between them all.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Fantazein
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Other devices are a air freshner 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Fantazein,

Thank you for getting back to us about this issue.

I have checked over your power levels and I can see that you're having some upstream and downstream issues. This could be impacting your connection with your third party devices. 

In order to have this resolved, I will need to book an engineer appointment. Before I can do this, I will need to confirm a few details with you over Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top corner of your forum page.

I will be in touch soon. 🙂

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Fantazein,

Thank you for confirming your details with me via Private Message.

I was able to book in an appointment for your chosen date. You can manage your appointment on your online account

Please let me know if you're having any issues viewing your appointment online and let us know how your appointment goes!

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos