Menu
adi007
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 issues

It's been now several months since the issue started. Initially it was about once a week, but recently it is happening almost every day. The Hub 3 router keeps on rebooting every so often. I tried to get an engineer twice on site to check this issue but VirginMedia keeps on cancelling it as they found the issue on their side. When I rang the phone support, only recorded message "All our operators are busy, try again later".

During this pandemic, I and my wife are trying to work from home. Our kid has home learning. This is becoming impossible to work with as when the router decided to reboot itself, we re without broadband for at least 15min.

The most upsetting thing here is, recently I received an email stating my service cost will go up.

0 Kudos
adi007
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 issues

The same problem, every day, around midday. The router power light green then the Internet and WiFi are lit, then off, then lit for several times, after 10-15minutes broadband is back. When I check service on my phone app, I have message: "We're having difficulty reaching our server", when I try service status on the website: "No issue. Our tests looks good" even while router is still rebooting(?!)

Screenshot_20210201-115552.pngScreenshot_20210201-115605.png

0 Kudos
Chumphries
Joining in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

We are getting exactly the same issue.  It started months ago but all I got from Virgin was that I needed to increase my broadband speed.  I couldn't get an operator to understand that it wasn't the speed that was the issue and it didn't matter how fast it was if the signal wasn't even getting to the router.  I finally caved and increased the speed and now it seems to be happening more often.  There are 3 of us trying to work from home and everytime it goes down we all have to restart our laptops to reconnect the vpns.

I am finding it really difficult to speak to someone as all I get is a recorded message and a signal to reboot my router which is quite happily does on its own.

0 Kudos
adi007
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

At last, we had an engineer on site. I could tell, he quickly lost hope when he realized this won't be a WiFi problem. Checked the cable outside our house, connection from our house to the box on the street and the box on the street. "No problems found", really puzzled, replaced the router with a little faith and, as he was leaving, dropped a leaflet: "Recommend friend and get £50" (just wow). About 90 minutes later, the new router rebooted itself. It's been now 4 days and the router rebooted, as far as we know, about 10 times, always midday.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

To visualise this and keep a record, if you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
adi007
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

The hub now is rebooting 2, 3 times a day as far as we know. The broadband is becoming unusable. No actions from Virgin Media at all and beyond reach. Today I even couldn't open the"service status" website on my phone. What is happening?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Post up the BQM so we can see the issue.

Also try calling the automated "Service Status" number - 0800 561 0061

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
adi007
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Can you let me know what BQM is please.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

See this
_________

A free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” continually monitors the state of your connection and records any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
adi007
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

John, just created an account and set up the monitor. Looks like a useful tool. Does it work when I'm not home or on my laptop?
0 Kudos