Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 issues

I’ve had the superhub 3 for a few years now and no issues until the past few months. The signal has been terrible and to connect WiFi on phone and iPad has been hit and miss if out of the lounge where the hub is located. Often have to restart phone or iPad if in another room to get WiFi connection. I restarted my contract on Friday with sky movies and just after I noticed a red light on front of hub. Have tried all help suggestions restarting hub and resetting to factory settings but still red light is there. Help suggested that the hub was overheating but it doesn’t feel warm to touch. I’ve tried calling for help but can’t get through. A bit annoyed now after starting a new 18 month contract. When WiFi works which it always did do it really is the best. Anyone able to help?  I’ve heard that Superhub 4 is good. How can I get one because the one I have is next to useless now. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 issues

@daveaegginton wrote:

I’ve had the superhub 3 for a few years now and no issues until the past few months. The signal has been terrible and to connect WiFi on phone and iPad has been hit and miss if out of the lounge where the hub is located. Often have to restart phone or iPad if in another room to get WiFi connection. I restarted my contract on Friday with sky movies and just after I noticed a red light on front of hub. Have tried all help suggestions restarting hub and resetting to factory settings but still red light is there. Help suggested that the hub was overheating but it doesn’t feel warm to touch. I’ve tried calling for help but can’t get through. A bit annoyed now after starting a new 18 month contract. When WiFi works which it always did do it really is the best. Anyone able to help?  I’ve heard that Superhub 4 is good. How can I get one because the one I have is next to useless now. 

The Hub4 certainly isn’t good. If anything it’s worse than the Hub3. 

Do you still have the red light on the Hub3?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Yes still have the red light. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Are you running in modem mode or router mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Not sure. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I think it’s in modem mode

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Do you have your own router attached to the hub or just the hub on its own?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Just the hub 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Then it should be in router mode in that case

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

It has always worked perfectly until recently. Only had the red light since Friday. Still getting WiFi but signal still poor in other rooms other than lounge. 

0 Kudos