Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 issue

LeeMac89
Joining in
  1. Hub 3 issue

PERMENTANT RED LIGHT ON FRONT

So on my hub 3 the power light that's normally red has been permanently red for a while now. I'm having to reset the hub daily due to connection issues.

Going away from that issue I'm not sure if it's a faulty bit of kit but I get weaker signal in the next room. And zero signal upstairs on the far side of the house. I know this can be related to the size of the house/ device location etc but it's not that far to be honest.

It's more the first issue with the red light i wanted solved. Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

So on my hub 3 the power light that's normally red has been permanently red for a while now. 

the light is magenta that can be seen as red in modem mode - is it red in router mode or white - that can be dirty white to coffee coloured

if it is red in router mode then the hub wants replacing - if its just changed colour in modem mode then it is fine  

normal advice it to turn it off in router mode for a few minutes and if it comes back with a red light it wants changing

so confirm that and then wait for VM if it does have a red light 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @LeeMac89, we'll be happy to assist you further, and this may require a change of hub.

Can you please provide an answer to the post by @-tony-'s, and also advise me if when the hub is switched on and showing a red light, if this is too hot to touch?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Screenshot_20220228-094339_Edge.jpg

 Hi Tony, 

Firstly thank you for the advice and I've logged in to check and its router mode. And to answer the MOD below.

Thank you, I've replied to Tony with a pic.

Thanks @LeeMac89

I am going to send you a private message so we can arrange a new hub for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide