Menu
Eddie98
Dialled in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 into modem mode & TV360 connection

Hi

The cable socket in our house is close to the TV and the Hub3 is connected by a short cable, so I am very limited in being to position the Hub3 away from the TV and TV360 box. Having tried various ways to try and improve wifi speed and reliability I am considering changing my Hub3 to modem mode and connecting it to a dedicated router which I can then position to improve wifi coverage. 

If I do this do I also need to reconnect the master TV360 box, currently connected to the Hub3 by ethernet, to the dedicated router instead?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 into modem mode & TV360 connection

@Eddie98 wrote:

Hi

The cable socket in our house is close to the TV and the Hub3 is connected by a short cable, so I am very limited in being to position the Hub3 away from the TV and TV360 box. Having tried various ways to try and improve wifi speed and reliability I am considering changing my Hub3 to modem mode and connecting it to a dedicated router which I can then position to improve wifi coverage. 

If I do this do I also need to reconnect the master TV360 box, currently connected to the Hub3 by ethernet, to the dedicated router instead?

Yes. In modem mode everything connecting over Ethernet needs to go into the 3rd party router. 

0 Kudos