cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 has red power light

annettedec
Joining in

My hub 3 power light is constantly red. I have done all of the recommended actions to no avail. It is in router mode, it is kept free from obstructions and is very warm (but not hot) from the top of the hub but the rest is fairly cool and normal. Having read advice in other posts, I think it will need a replacement but I don't know how to achieve that. Can VM help with this please as I am worried that it might be dangerous.
Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @annettedec, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about what you're experiencing 😔

Can you please just confirm you've followed the below steps in the following order:

• Turned the power switch off on the back of the Hub
• Ensured the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight
• Used the power switch to turn the unit back on

If after following the steps the router doesn't boot back up after a few minutes, or the red light returns when it does, the router will need replacing.

Please pop back to us as soon as possible.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Yes I have done the above steps (twice) and the red light returned both times.
Apart from that the hub is working normally.

regards
Annette

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming, Annette.

As the Hub is still showing a red light, we will need to book a Technician to come and replace your Hub. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can get an appointment booked in.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ