cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 green lights no internet

topcatts25
Joining in

Internet connection went off last Sunday morning and on checking the Hub 3 the lights on the front were  green and flashing (power and internet). Left it to sort itself out for hours with no luck and eventually went through the power down and reset rigmarole with no success. Phone line was also off at this time but TiVo providing TV channels ok.  Tech booked and came next day and left it working without much explanation other than issues occurred during an update. 12 hours later same thing happened again, no internet, flashing green lights. Tech came following day, checked everything, installed new Hub and cable, left everything working, 5 hours later same thing, no internet and green flashing lights. Tech booked again in 2 days. Meanwhile no internet or phone. How long is this going to continue? Can we get a rebate for days without phone or internet service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi topcatts25, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you've been having some continued issues with your landline and broadband recently. Whilst we can't offer a 100% fault free service, we do promise to fix faults as quickly as possible. 

I can see from looking at things this end, that the teams have advised a complete new cable is needed to go from the cabinet to your home. I can see this is already scheduled and you should have been given this information already. 

In terms of credits for a loss of service, we do have an automatic compensation scheme in place. When there is a total loss of service for your broadband or phone line, the account is automatically assessed for compensation, once the fault is closed as resolved. If eligible, the credit is added and will show on the next bill due to be generated. 

Hopefully the cable repull will resolve things but please keep us posted on how things go.

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Automatic compensation usually kicks in after 48 hours of total disconnection, or at least that's my understanding.

Setup a BQM to monitor and record your incoming circuit for evidence of any loss of service.

www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Every broadband user should have this running irrespective of ISP,  IMHO

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi topcatts25, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you've been having some continued issues with your landline and broadband recently. Whilst we can't offer a 100% fault free service, we do promise to fix faults as quickly as possible. 

I can see from looking at things this end, that the teams have advised a complete new cable is needed to go from the cabinet to your home. I can see this is already scheduled and you should have been given this information already. 

In terms of credits for a loss of service, we do have an automatic compensation scheme in place. When there is a total loss of service for your broadband or phone line, the account is automatically assessed for compensation, once the fault is closed as resolved. If eligible, the credit is added and will show on the next bill due to be generated. 

Hopefully the cable repull will resolve things but please keep us posted on how things go.

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

So today we had a cable access point installed  and also  a new cable pulled in to the house. The fault was traced to the damaged cable. Internet service resumed thank you very much. Unfortunately the installation of the new cable left some damage to the driveway but this will be followed up in a new thread, thank you.

Hi topcatts25

Thank you for the update.

I am happy to hear the service has now improved but am sorry to hear about the damage you mentioned.

If you still need some help with the damage concern, please let us know here and we can send you a private message to raise a complaint with the relevant team. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, could you please get back in touch so we can follow up on the issue of the driveway?

thanks

We have an active complaint reference C-3005231727 and would like a progress update please.

Hi @topcatts25 👋.

Thanks for reaching out us to regarding your complaint. You can keep track of it's progress here 👉 https://virg.in/mycases.

Hope this helps.

Sabrina

Hi, this link is not working, ‘page not found’ error, thanks

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @topcatts25,

Sorry to hear this, the correct link that will work for you today is here.

Cheers. Joe