Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 green flashing arrows and other lights solid green

I have a hub 3. I’ve been having intermittent technical issues for weeks now, but now I can’t get any broadband at all. 

It has a flashing green arrows symbol and solid green WiFi and power lights. Every time it gets reset or turned off and on it reverts to these lights.
I have no broadband, even with cable.

I’ve checked all connections more times than I can remember. I’ve done the solid reset ‘hold for 60 seconds’ also a thousand times! 

I’ve checked my service status and all is apparently fine with no faults in my area. 

I spoke to virgin call centre a few days ago. Whilst on the phone my hub started working, but the guy claimed he hadn’t done anything and nothing was wrong. 

I’ve tried a few times today and now I’m told that due to COVID, all call centres are closed?! 

I have a wife who works from home as a teacher and two kids who need to do their homework. 

Can anyone help? 

Kind regards, Dan 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 green flashing arrows and other lights solid green

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number

The UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer though.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help but it will be a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 green flashing arrows and other lights solid green

Hello Dangaryward,

Sorry to hear about the Hub  lights issues and your WiFi. I've found your details using the information we have on here and can see that an engineer was arranged since you last posted. Do let us know if you still have any issues after the visit so we can take another look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos