Menu
ClareA
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 flashing internet light

Hi, I have a hub 3 and for no apparent reason, the green internet light is flashing and I cannot connect any of my devices. The green power light is mainly on, but occasionally flashes too (when the power light flashes, the internet light goes out). The green WiFi light is constantly on. 

I've tested connections, restarted and rebooted the hub twice but still not fixed. Can you help? I urgently need my broadband for working at home. Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 flashing internet light

Is it back on yet? Flashing light usually means loss of network connection.

First check for “known network faults.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ClareA
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 flashing internet light

Thanks John. I checked service status as you recommended and there is indeed a fault. Fingers crossed they sort it soon! 

Thanks again

Clare

0 Kudos